From Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) : We are in need of Medical Doctors, Surgeons, Anesthetists and Gynecologists for our missions abroad
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides emergency medical assistance to populations in danger in more than 60 countries. MSF provides independent, impartial assistance to those most in need while reserving the right to speak out to bring attention to neglected crises, to challenge inadequacies or abuse of the aid system, and to advocate for improved medical treatments and protocols.
Médecins Sans Frontières is actively recruiting Medical Doctors, Surgeons, Anesthetists and Gynecologists for our medical aid operations throughout the entire world as well as emergency surgical projects in war zones. The on-location work of our expats is often very exhausting, but also fascinating, demanding appropriate professional knowledge, and a large amount of motivation and commitment.
- Degree in Medicine
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience
- Fluency in English; if possible, knowledge of French
- Ability to work with limited resources and in difficult conditions
- Surgeons, Anesthetists & Gynecologists : Availability for a minimum of 4 weeks to 3 months
- Medical Doctors: Availability of 9-12 months for your mission abroad
- Medical Doctors: a good experience working with HIV or Tuberculosis or any other infectious diseases, if not, a proven experience working in primary healthcare guards and emergency room.
- Surgeons: experience in all types of surgical interventions as well as in Caesarean sections. Experience in performing minor and major surgeries which are often violence related (e.g. gunshots, spear wounds). Availability to work with limited technical resources.
- Anesthetists: Experience in paediatric, obstetric and trauma anesthesia, including anesthesia with intubation. Experience in dissociation anaesthesia (e.g. Ketamine). Extensive experience in spinal anaesthesia. Availability to work with limited technical ressources (e.g. ventilation equipment).